Yamba Golf Club had its inaugural meeting on 14th May 1956. The founding members looked at sites on Palmer’s Island and at Angourie; however, both were rejected in favour of the present site which was then the Town Common. The 76 hectare site included a dedicated but unused cemetery and to finance the Club, debentures to the value of $3800 were secured by members at the first meeting.
Establishing the first nine holes is estimated to have cost $5000 using voluntary labour and the machinery of farming members. In fact, the Club was operated by volunteers for its first 20 years.
The Club’s first clubhouse was the old Bowling Club which was moved on-site by members and opened in November 1960. This building is now the historical museum Storey House which is located adjacent to the golf club.
Please click on the link for our Golf Fixtures Book: 2021 Golf Program – Amended 21/01/2021
Featuring great deals, news and events at Yamba Golf and Country Club
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.